Who Can Benefit From Neurofeedback?
Short answer: Nearly anyone.
The brain is like any other organ in body: If you exercise it, it performs better. However, if you map (QEEG) your current neural processes, then we can more efficiently choose where to train your brain so better achieve your goals. Neurofeedback training teaches your brain to better regulate itself, allowing it more control over modulating and balancing brain networks. Neurofeedback promotes a brain that is more capable of normalizing it’s activity, leading to improvement of undesireable symptoms that result from disregulated brain activity.
Since the brain (in conjunction with the heart and the gut) regulates the expression of all mental, cognitive, and emotional functions, increasing neural efficiency by brain training can lead to decreasing negative symptoms associated with:
- Sleep Problems (Insomnia)
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Autism / Asperger Spectrum disorders
- Headaches / Migraines
- ADD / ADHD
- Substance Abuse
- Memory Problems
- learning Problems
- Lack of Focus
And since brain training increases neural efficiency, you can how it can also help with:
- Slowing Cognitive Decline (Sometimes associated with aging process)
- Develop Peak Performance (Enhanced mental functioning / mental endurance for executives, CEO’s, Military officers, Attorneys, Entrepreneurs)
- Enhance Athletic Training Increased endurance, mental focus, more accurate unconscious body / mind decision process)
- Higher Competitive Shooting Scores
- Increased Sniper First Round Hits (reduced eye fatigue, finer muscle control).
- Increased Poker Winnings
- Improved Golf Game
- Enhanced Sexual functioning (men and women experience this benefit differently)