It does not matter if you seek relief from PTSD, Anxiety, Depression, or if you are an Athlete or Executive who desires Peak Performance Training. The initial process at the Alpha Theta Center is the same:
- We answer introductory questions via phone and provide initial guidance for those wanting to learn more about Neurofeedback. These conversations usually last 10-30 minutes. If it becomes clear that Neurofeedback should be considered, an initial consulting hour is the next step.
- In your first appointment, we assess and listen to your presenting symptoms and / or goals. If you bring medical and psychological records, we jointly review those records.
- We explain how neuromodulation technologies such as Neurofeedback or Pulsed Magnetic Frequencies can help.
- We develop a QEEG map using a 19 channel amplifier. A QEEG map gives us a clearer understanding of how your brain internally communicates and where that communication is dysregulated based on normative data.
- We do a secondary analyses from the EEG data called “LORETA”
- We then target your goals or symptoms based on the normed data from the EEG and LORETA analyses,
- We evaluate your progress within and between sessions, making adjustments to your training as necessary.
The tools we use to train to relieve symptoms or enhance Peak Performance are listed here.