Neurofeedback is primarily used to:
1. Calm and stabilize the brain, including calming the heart brain connection and the gut brain connection. People with passing insomnia, transient anxiety, or people who want to gain better control of their emotions are in this group.
2.“Make better” specific symptoms and address behaviors associated with certain conditions (i.e, Autism, traumatic brain injury, or PTSD. People with enduring mental health symptoms are in this category.
3. Achieve “Peak Performance” by enhancing and expanding current mental and cognitive functioning. Athletes, Attorneys, CEOs, Military Officers, Entrepreneurs are often found in this group.
For all these purposes , the Alpha Theta Center can use any of these tools listed below:
- Deep States Alpha Theta Training
- QEEG Brain Mapping (Applied Neuroscience)
- Cygnet Neurofeedback
- Neurofield pEMF — Pulsed Magnetic Frequency (NeuroField)
- NeuroGuide Z Score Training
- Neurofield Real Time Z Score Training (NeuroField)
- Neurofield Heart Rate Variability Nogier Frequency Testing (NeuroField)
- Theta Alpha Gamma Synchrony TAG)
- BioGraph Infinity (Thought Technology) Biofeedback
- Heart Rate Variability training (HeartMath; Thought Technology).
- Audio Visual Entrainment (AVE)
These tools can either be used individually or in tandem , whichever creates the best results for you.
Ongoing Neurofeedback training services. Once a brain map has been completed, we can come to your office or home and provide a selection of neurofeedback services dependent on the client’s environmental conditions. A prior visit by Dr. Villanueva is required to assess environmental conditions to determine if the provided space is suitable for brain training. However, QEEG Brain maps can only be done in our office: We do not provide QEEG maps in personal residences or in working environments.
Once a client has trained in-office and demonstrates proficiency in electrode placement and ability to save and send data files, we can order a home based training unit. Client is responsible for purchasing the unit through Alpha Theta Center and will return unit after a certain number of home training sessions have been completed. Dr. Villanueva actively works with you via remote computer link twice weekly. Once you are familiar with operating the unit, you are encouraged to use the unit for additional self- guided sessions, as training usually works best when a consistent schedule is adhered to. These additional sessions occur under the guidance of Dr. Villanueva and records are maintained at the Alpha . Training other members in the family is not supported.
Alpha Theta Center All Inclusive Intensive Phase Reset Program
At the request of several clients we have provided intensive training programs individually tailored to their respective needs and based on their QEEG maps. While normal office based 2X a day Neurofeedback training (1–2 hours in the morning, 1–2 hours in the evening) accelerates brain training and quickly consolidates clinical gains, we have learned that what a client does both in between and after sessions can disproportionately influence the clinical outcome. Thus, we tailor outside experiences to work with our within office sessions.
The Alpha Theta Center Intensive Phase Reset Program is designed to reset and challenge entrenched behaviors and thought patterns. Towards this end, we employ a team approach with staff specially selected with expertise in key areas as physical training, nutritional awareness, and social interactions.